Babywearing | Dads Who Wear Babies

July 05, 2016

Hi beautiful friends! I'm so excited about this post. There is an awesome local dad who babywears (wraps specifically) and I was lucky enough to ask him a few questions about his experience! I would love for your to share this post with your friends (and hubbys!) because spreading the babywearing love is what we're all about!

So, everyone, meet Charlie!

L: Tell us a little bit about you and your family!

C:  I have the best wife in the world, Lizz, and three amazing boys, Ryker, Jasper and August. Ryker is almost 4, Jasper is almost 2 and August is 7.5 months old.

L: What originally sparked your interest in babywearing?

C: I got hooked onto babywearing by Lizz. She got the moby wrap and we tried it and I liked it but still wasn’t huge on wrapping since Lizz did it most of the time.

L: How long have you been babywearing?

C:  I’ve been babywearing for as long as Ryker has been alive so getting close to 4 years! I can’t believe it’s been that long already!!!

L: Do you have a favorite wrap?

C:  My favorite wrap…gosh, that’s a tough one. I will have to say it’s a tie between Pavo Wicked (which is a sample) and Pavo Gotham Touraco. Neither are the same in aesthetics or wrapping qualities and each mean a lot to me (memories).

L: Favorite carry?

C: My favorite carry is without a doubt, DH TAS (double hammock tied at shoulder). If I post a babywearing photo, 9 out of 10 times, it will be a DH TAS carry. Super supportive and looks amazing when finished.

L: What’s the funniest comment you’ve ever gotten while babywearing?

C: I haven’t heard anything too funny but one time I was tandem wearing August and Ryker on my back when I was out somewhere (I forget where). Anyway, I was walking around the store and this man was walking towards me and said, “Oh, look at that! You got your hands full!” He had only seen August on my front. I responded back with, “Actually, my hands are free!” (I showed him my hands). He started to laugh and said, “That is true!” We then started to walk past each other and then he noticed Ryker. “Wow! You have another on your back! I am very impressed, you must be some sort of super-dad.” I replied, “I try.” I guess it wasn’t really funny but it was the best comment I’ve heard from babywearing.

L: How many wraps are in your current stash?

C: Due to some unfortunate expenses, my wrap stash have currently dwindled down to only about 3 or 4. I used to have as many as 15.

L: What do you love most about being a father?

C:  I love being able to share my likes and dislikes with my sons and seeing how they react. I love raising them to be their own person and see how they will change society with their ideas and actions. I can’t wait to see what they can achieve.

L: Share a fun fact about you, anything!

C: I’m a HUGE fan of The Office (US version). My sister and I quiz each other all the time and I rewatch the series all the time!

Thanks again, Mr. Witt, for allowing me to interview you, and sharing a bit of yourself, and your family with us today! You're one of the coolest dad's I've ever met!

xo. L

1 comment:

  1. That's my brother!!! So proud of you Charlie! Great article. Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...